Thursday, January 14, 2010

A cupcake dud :-(

I'm really not happy with this one, I'm not sure what will happen to it. It's a bit like a baked cupcake where you're a bit careless with the measuring. It's cooked OK, isn't burnt or spilling over the top or anything, it's just a bit bland.
I think my first mistake was the choice of design, a bit too big and no real definition to it. The choice of thread is right up there too, it blends into the fabric far too much. The fabric itself didn't help either, as it's leaning towards an aida feel which is thick and hard to mould into a cupcake shape. I'm also not happy with the embellishments, they do nothing to add to the overall effect. Anyway, here it is:




  • Name of the design - it's the inner part of a design called "The Three Emblems"
  • Chart - original is a freebie from Papillon Creations
  • Fabric is Zweigart 25ct lugana in "Ash rose"
  • Thread is a silk called "Attar of Roses" from Hand Dyed Fibers
  • Stitch count is 35 x 35
  • Completed in January 2010, it was going to be for my cupcake stand. Not sure where it will end up now. I added some berry head pins for interest and a matching button.

No comments: