Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another cupcake finish

Here's the pic:

Here's the details:
  • Name of the design - adapted from a design titled "Blackwork Tulips" (I realise there are no tulips in sight, LOL)
  • Chart - original is a freebie from Solaria Gallery
  • Fabric is a unique piece of hand dyed 28ct green opalescent fabric
  • Thread is a silk called "Isle green" from Hand Dyed Fibers
  • Stitch count is 29 x 29
  • Completed in January 2010 for my cupcake stand. I added some berry head pins for interest
I started out wanting to do the design in it's entirety, but it was a bit busy and fiddly and the design became lost in the fabric. Therefore I changed it as I went along, but now it looks a bit simple, or maybe just a tad small. Might have been better if I stitched the blank areas where the pins are, but it's done now. I'll just sit it next to one of the busier designs on the cupcake stand.

No comments: