Thursday, July 16, 2009

Same day....another finish!

My needle is smokin'. This is the cross stitch design I thought I had enough thread for, but ended up having to order another skein. This is going to be another ornament, maybe for myself, maybe for Nise's project. I started this on July 1oth and finished on the 16th.

  • Name of the design is "Ink Spot #4"
  • Chart is a freebie from
  • Fabric is a 28 count white opalescent from
  • Thread is cotton, in "Enchantment" from the Aussie company
  • Stitch count is 35 x 35
  • Completed in July 2009

I really need to learn to iron :-(

Finishes that is. I am in such a hurry to post my latest cross stitch pics that I forget they look less than impressive all wrinkled with hoops marks. This one looks like it's slightly lacking, so I might find some buttons or charms or something to add to the middle somewhere. This is going to be an ornament for Nise's bushfire survivors project. I started this on the 12th of July and finished on the 16th. (P.S It really helps if you remember to post the PIC!!)

I also got the skein of "enchantment" in the mail today, so can finish the design from the post below.

  • Name of the design is "Christmas Ornament 29"
  • Design is from a pack of cards with charts, titled "Coloured Strings - Designs by Amy"
  • Fabric is a 28 count white opalescent from
  • Thread is cotton, in "Peacock Fantasy" - I think, I lost the tag - from the Aussie company
  • Stitch count is 42 x 42
  • Completed in July 2009.

Monday, July 13, 2009

More "Works In Progress"

Back to the topic of cross stitch again! I am right into monochrome designs at the moment, using specialty threads (silks, variegated cottons etc). I decided to use up some left over cotton from (in "enchanted" colour) and chose a 35 x 35 stitch count freebie. I figured I'd have enough to finish it, but did I mention estimation IS NOT my strong point? Needless to say, I ran out! I ordered some more so hopefully it will get here soon and I can finish it off. The greenish coloured one is also from stitches and spice, but I'm not sure of the colour as I lost the tag. I'd better have enough to finish it off or I'll be in trouble! LOL

Friday, July 10, 2009

Another day, another stitching finish!

I started cross stitching this on July 8th and finished July 9th. I left the middle stitching out, as I want to find a funky button to go there instead. I also have a matching hot pink tassle for it, I'm going to turn it on the angle and make it a diamond shaped ornament, with the tassle hanging at the bottom. It was intended to be donated to Nise's bushfire survivors project, but I think I like it too much, LOL. Update: Hot pink funky buttons are hard to come by. Instead I bought a plain round button, but it is hot pink, and glittery too!

Monday, July 6, 2009

More stitching

Although I should be working on calisthenics costumes instead of cross stitching :-(

It's been in progress for a while, mainly because I haven't been doing much on it. I made a bit of a mistake when stitching it, and changed the feet so they were mirror images of each other, but apart from that it's stitched as the design calls for. This design was the subject for my cross stitch contest earlier on this blog, which Alex won. Here's the design details:

  • Name of the design - Technically it doesn't have a name but I've called it "Red Santa".
  • Leaflet is titled "Simply Red Ornaments" designed by Diane Arthurs for Imaginating Inc.
  • Fabric is a 28 count white opalescent from
  • Thread is a variegated DMC stranded cotton, number 115.
  • Stitch count is 58 x 65
  • Completed in July 2009.