Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A few cross stitch finishes :-)

I finished this Christmas cross stitch design a few weeks ago, but I'm making a few changes and need to find a button supplier (for cherry buttons) to fully complete it for framing. I also realised after I took a pic that I didn't finish off one of the mints!


Here's the details:
  • Name of the design  "Christmas Calories" by Sue Hillis
  • Chart was purchased from 123stitch
  • Fabric is a piece of 28ct lugana called "Strawberry milkshake" from Silkweavers
  • Thread is DMC cotton
  • Stitch count is 84 x 124
  • Completed in November 2010. I plan to add some buttons and sequins for effect and I bought a plain white frame today to mount it in.

I also whipped up this design for another cupcake for my stand:

Here's the details:
  • Name of the design  simply "Hearts"
  • Chart is adapted from a freebie by Karen at Cross Stitch Directory
  • Fabric is a piece of 28 count purple evenweave
  • Thread is Sue Purple 6103 silk by Hand Dyed Fibers
  • Stitch count is 32 x 32
  • Completed in November 2010. This will be another cupcake for my stand.

I'm now working on a cream hand towel for DS's teacher. I'm using a variegated blue/purple thread and just stitching a repeat freebie pattern. It's working up quickly and I should be finished in a few days.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

Felicity said...

What a lovely finish, Kim. Congratulations!

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Kim, what gorgeous finishes :-)
Love the christmas calories!!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/