This is my progress as of January 27th. We just celebrated the Australia Day long weekend here and I managed to get in close to 800 stitches. I also did another 150 yesterday. I stuffed up somewhere around the bears legs, but I'm not sure where. I'll worry about it when I come to it, for now I'm working from the head down. I also have a smallish project started for stitching on the go. It's part of an ANZAC Day exchange I've organised for Aussie & New Zealand stitchers at http://stitchingunderthesoutherncross.yuku.com/directory . We are exchanging a small patriotic stitched item and a small gift, either stitching related or not. The kids start a brand new school year on February 2nd, so I'll take this project with me when I go to pick them up, when they have karate etc.
Not sure what's next for a bigger project. I am thinking maybe a beautiful blackwork butterfly design I bought a while ago. I can just see it stitched on some sort of deep mottled pink hand dyed fabric. There's pages and pages of instructions, so it's kind of daunting. I think it's actually designed as free hand embroidery as it comes with a transfer sheet. It mentions spangles, stem stitch, copper twist etc. I think I'm in waaay over my head. This is what it looks like:
A few photos ..
4 years ago