Friday, January 16, 2009

My baby is 7 today!

Happy Birthday Baby! We are going bowling later today and out for dinner. Yesterday my family came over for a celebratory lunch. I made a caramel mud cake and decorated it like an army tank, his choice. He went through a heap of different cake books, narrowing down his choice until the army tank won out. Although not a great result, it proved pretty easy to do. Of course it didn't help that it was a hot day when I decorated it, and the icing was setting before I could even get it on the cake! It's not one of my better efforts, I have made many fancy cakes over the years with much better results. Thankfully it doesn't take much to impress a 7 year old, LOL. Here's what it should have looked like:
And here's what it actually looked like, LOL:

And just to prove I can do better, here's one I prepared earlier. This was for the same son, when he turned 4. It's Humphrey B Bear:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool cakes Kim.