Friday, January 9, 2009

"Blackwork" Stocking


Our should it be "red and green work"? I feel silly calling this blackwork, because I never use black thread when stitching these type of designs. There's sooo many pretty colours out there, why limit myself to black? This was another one of my first efforts at finishing my work into an ornament. I cut the fabric a little too small so that made it that bit more difficult.
  • Name of the design is "Christmas Stocking" (a freebie)
  • Designer is Karen at www.cross-stitch-directory.com
  • Fabric is white 14 count aida
  • Thread is red and green stranded cotton, backstitched with gold metallic thread, all DMC
  • Stitch count is 40 x 22
  • Completed in November 2008.
Finished off with gold ribbon.

By the way, the bear on the right in my WIP now has a partial head. I'm sure he'll be pleased!


No comments: