Saturday, September 3, 2011

Alby Owl is Done

I have another stitching finish to show off. This one didn't take long, or should I say shouldn't have taken long. I spent a fair bit of time frogging, almost as much as I did stitching it seems. I guess grey on grey in bad light makes for plenty of errors. Anyway, here's my friend Alby:


  • Name of the design is "Alby".
  • Chart is a design from a New Zealand designer called Janet Davies of JMD Designs. I took advantage of her "buy 2 patterns get one free" offer. This chart also included a few versions of Alby and a border which would look great on something like a hand towel. Good value for money. I chose a PDF version but she also sells hard copies. I left off a small part of the border on this design as it looked a little messy.
  • Fabric is an unmarked 28 count mottled grey/blue & white piece from my stash.
  • Thread is DMC #317.
  • Stitch count is 72 x 72 
  • Started on August 24th 2011.
  • Completed on September 3rd 2011.  I'm not sure what this will become or what I'll do with it. Maybe a little pillow or wall hanging? 

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

blueladie said...

Your blog looks great. Love the piece you just finished. Thanks for Sharing (TFS) :) Cathryn

Bronwyn said...

Love the owl