Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A cross stitched quilt label finish

This is for Sarah I at Quilts 4 Kids, where quilts made up of cross stitched squares are created for kids with life threatening or long term health problems. Here's my label:
Sarah's favourite colours are pink, purple and pale green so I chose those to stitch the label in. The quilt theme is butterflies, and the due date for squares is March 2011. Here's the details:

  • Name of the design - doesn't have a name.  I created the purple wording myself, the fancy "Sarah" came from a butterfly alphabet in an old issue of Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, as did the butterfly itself. Of course I don't have details of which issue of the magazine it was. :-(
  • Chart is designed by myself and someone from XS Crazy!
  • Fabric is white 14 count aida.
  • Thread is DMC cotton. I used variegated purple (DMC 52) for the wording and a variegated green (perhaps sulky, or a "no-name" thread)  for "Sarah". The butterfly is assorted DMC cotton.
  • Stitch count is 61 x 100. 
  • Completed on February 13th, started on  February 5th.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Kim, what a lovely label for Sarah. It will look lovely on her quilt.

I am half way through stitching a butterfly for Sarah's quilt.

Can't wait to see the final quilt when it's finished?

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/