Monday, March 11, 2013

Reindeer is finally "finished"

OK, so I missed the big reveal at the end of February. I'm getting pretty good at that :-(. They do say the first step is admitting your problems/faults, right? Anyway, here's my reindeer that I stitched in February for the "Christmas all year long" blog challenge. I finished way back on February 4th, but only managed to add the finishing touches today - March 11th. Oops! It was the first time I used cording like this around the edge, and also the first time I tied it together at the bottom and made a tassel. I'm happy, all things considered.


And a close up of my tassel, I think I will have to weigh down the silver beading for a while so it hangs straight:



  • Name of the design is, well, I'm calling it "Reindeer". Inspiring, I know
  • Chart is a freebie from this blog
  • Fabric is a 25 count mushroom pink lugana evenweave from "Embroidery Essentials"
  • Thread is variegated & regular DMC cotton and red sulky thread
  • Stitch count is 47 x 63
  • Started on February 1st 2013 - I think
  • Completed on February 4th 2013.  I added a white pom pom to the tail, red bows in the corner, changed the snowflakes a little, gave him a special eye, and tied threads to his shoes to look like shoe laces.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

Bruna Aguiar Melo said...

So cute!

wilma b said...

Great finish!

Carissa said...

That's really cute Kim!

Rachel said...

Love the cording!The little "top" of the hat is pretty cool too !