Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another finish for me!

I was asked if I could whip up a quilt square recently so I have put aside my Easter stitching to do so. This will become part of a quilt to be donated to the CFA (Country Fire Authority) to raise much needed funds. The idea came about after the devastating bush fires to hit Victoria in the summer of 2009. A fellow Aussie has been organising the project, from memory there are 4 quilts being made, two for Wildlife Victoria (one featuring Aussie birds, and the other Aussie animals) and two for the CFA (one featuring Ellen Maurer Stroh animal babies - too cute!, and the other featuring native florals). I seem to recall stitching an animal baby for the CFA quilt, and this time I stitched a floral design for the other CFA one.
Here's the one I just completed:
Here's the details:


  • Name of the design is Australian Orchids.

  •  Chart is designed by Margaret Morgan and appeared in "Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch Australia" publication #6.

  •  Fabric is a a cream off cut in 32 count evenweave.

  •  Thread is DMC cotton.

  •  Stitch count is originally 70 x 130, although I cut off the bottom dozen or so stitches so the design would fit the quilt requirements.

  •  Completed on January 25th 2011.  Started on January 20th.  This will be for the CFA fundraising quilt.


  • Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

    3 comments:

    Bronwyn said...

    Great stitching Kim

    Elaine said...

    It; very pretty!

    Stitching Noni said...

    Lovely orchids - well done! What a great cause to stitch for. Would love to see the finished quilts

    http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/