A few months back I participated in a "ladylike" exchange - we were to stitch something pertaining to the theme and send it along with 6 other "ladylike" items to our partner. Everybody has received their items so I can now show you what I chose to stitch. My partner didn't have a blog so I had to guess what she may have been interested in. Here's a pic of all the items I sent:
Included was a black and silver sparkly scarf, lipgloss, a butterfly notepad & envelopes, sweet treat magnets, butterfly notebook, nail art, a handmade card and the stitched piece. Here's a close up pic of the stitched piece I chose:
There's the stitched piece, blue printed fabric, tea bags, thread, fabric, chart and magazine.
- Name of the design is an adaption of "Ooh la la"
- Chart is designed by Sue Hillis
- Fabric is 28 count lightly mottle pink and white evenweave. I think this might be "strawberry milkshake"
- Thread is DMC - cotton and rayon
- Stitch count is 98 x 115 on the original design, but I omitted the wording around the border
- Started in February 2014
- Completed in March 2014. I finished it with a string of beads around the edge of both the black fabric backing piece and the pink stitched piece, buttons in the corners, assorted beads, the included bag charm and made some ties for the dress out of black thread.