This one took far less time than I expected, but it is mainly small stitched areas, blackwork and a lot of "air". I can't even remember how I came across this, but I did discover the designer (Kirsten Schmidt) is the owner of a blog that I've visited before and I've even stitched a few of her freebies that she posts there. She also has a website where this pattern came from. I'm not sure what drew me to this as I'm not a huge fan of Autumnal colours, or birds. I do however like blackwork and things that are a little "out there" and different.
- Name of the design is "Blatterflug" or "Leaves Flight"
- Chart is from Kirsten Schmidt, available on her website
- Fabric is 28 count opalescent fabric called "Frangipani Opal" from Sew-It-All. It is a lightly mottled peachy/tan kind of colour.
- Thread is the called for DMC cotton
- Stitch count is 180 x 170
- Started on March 7th 2014
- Completed on April 1st 2014. I think I'll frame this is a brown wooden frame, and give it to my dad for Father's Day.