It's been all quiet on the blogging front here. I have been busier than usual and things have had to be put on the back burner. I do have a few things to post about but I'll start with just one for now - the famous ornament exchange organised by "Elsue" I signed up for a while back on the 123stitch message board. My partner said she liked reindeer so I found what I thought was a cute one and adapted it a little to suit some frilly lacy stuff I wanted to use to finish it. In my mind I pictured a cute stuffed ornament but in reality that was too hard - I couldn't work out how to keep the frilly edging straight. I finally decided to finish it off as a flat ornament. I can't say I'm especially happy with the result but my partner Sharona seemed to like it. Here it is, with some wooden ornaments featuring reindeer and some tim tam biscuits I sent:
- Name of the design is "Dancing reindeer"
- Chart is a freebie from JB Cross Stitch. I changed the hat and bow tie to black and white (from red and white) to suit the frilly stuff
- Fabric is an off cut of white evenweave fabric
- Thread is the called for DMC threads
- Stitch count is
- Started in early October 2013
- Completed in mid October 2013 some time