Sunday, November 3, 2013

My first no-sew cube

I'm really happy with how this turned out. I took my time and spent the entire afternoon making sure I put it together right, so I'm glad that my time wasn't wasted. I used a finished design from way back in February. I had it earmarked for a cube for ages, in fact I'd put all the supplies together in one bag awaiting the nerve to do it. Turns out I didn't have the right size piece of foam, and didn't like my chances of cutting it down accurately so went searching for something else to use. I found an old box that used to hold earrings that I had put aside thinking it would come in handy for packaging up a small gift. Here's the supplies I chose, although I didn't end up using the bottom ribbon:


Here's what I turned it into:

You can read all the info on the original design here. This is the tutorial I used, very comprehensive.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

Lisa V said...

Its beautiful. Well done.

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely design and a very pretty finish :)

crazybeads said...

Great finish Kim .I also like your butterfly design.
Barb who hasn't quite worked out how to comment as yet.
With fingers crossed

Lisa T said...

Beautiful design & finish.

Laura said...

Lovely stitching and finishing! I have yet to make a cube either - maybe I'll give it a go!

Kay said...

Gorgeous. I am always slightly nervous about trying other kinds of finishes.

Carissa said...

Turned out beautifully!