Friday, January 6, 2012

First Finish of 2012

This is going to be an ornament, with red seed beads for berries, when they come in the mail. I know the date says 2011, but there's a reason for that. I wanted to stitch my kids an ornament each year to put away for them, to be presented when they move out or marry. However, my kids are 14 and almost 10 and I have not yet started on my grand scheme. Therefore this will be #1 of the 23 I need to catch up and be on track.

On a side note, I joined an exchange blog in 2011 and participated in my first exchange there. Through that, I've now signed up for an ornament SAL (Stitch-A-Long) to help keep me on track. Each month there is a theme, with a few free choices thrown in. January's theme is Santa, so my next project will be the Santa Bear from "101 Bears with Personality", a great go-to book for cute ornament or card designs.

Here's the reindeer:

  • Name of the design is Merry Christmas to all.
  • Chart is a free design from Vee & co, found on her blog.
  • Fabric is 32 count white opalescent evenweave.
  • Thread is DMC cotton .
  • Stitch count is 38 x 43 
  • Started on January 3rd 2012.
  • Completed on January 6th 2012.  

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments: