Saturday, October 3, 2009

Some cupcake stitching

I've been toying with the idea of buying a cupcake stand to fill with cross stitched cupcakes, and finally found a cute one for a reasonable price, so I just HAD to buy it. Of course it does hold 23, so I'd better get stitching! I haven't really decided on a theme, so far the idea is to stitching colour co-ordinated ones. I've got an orange fluted cupcake holder, I've matched some orange fabric and a button to it, and stitched a design in 2 contrasting orange threads. I've also got a blue cupcake, matching fabric and a contrasting thread to do another one. I have pins with the head the same colour, so might add them for a bit of interest. I think I'm addicted! Here's a pic of my orange design finished and the blue one started:


1 comment:

Sandy said...

Gorgeous colours Kim