I went to the Stitches & Craft show in March when it came to Melbourne. It's being run by a new company and at a new venue, which is closer to home for me! I usually drop the kids at school, spend the day there and pick them up on the way back. This year they promised more vendors, but to me it seemed smaller. It was at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds, and set out so there was heaps of room to move. There just didn't seem like a lot of people there, so I even had time to go home before picking the kids up from school. I did manage to buy a few bits and pieces (of course!). My favourite place to buy from is www.sewitall.com - they have fabric at reasonable prices, and I took them up on their offer of 4 pieces for $45, usally $14 per piece. I can't recall the sizes, but they're probably about 14" squares. Here's a pic of what I got:
The pic isn't great, so here's a list:
- 4 pieces of evenweave fabric, 28 count. I chose a soft mint green, white, a mottled opalescent salmon and a pretty pink.
- A printed calico Christmas design, for embroidery. I've already finished this, it worked up quickly in an afternoon. I've never done hand embroidery before so kind of made it up as I went along. I used mainly backstitch to complete it.
- A gold music note brooch.
- A silver "K" charm.
- A silver sewing themed brooch with charms.
- 2 pretty "flowers" made from sparkly beads. I chose black and a pink that matches the fabric perfectly!
- A personalised bag tag for my son.
- A strand of pink plastic flowers, that matches the pink fabric. (I'll have to work all these pink things into one project!)
- 2 skeins of hand dyed cotton floss, in a burgandy and a pink (yep, you guessed it, it matches the fabric!! LOL)
- 6 assorted matt boards. I think I'll use a few of these as gifts.