Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Blast from the Recent Past

Stitching wise that is :-) This ornament was made for the dreaded craft stall, the one where I sold nothing, but did take one order which I undercharged for. Desperation will make you do the craziest things! This one has a bit of a story attached. Back in early 2008, or maybe even 2007, I offered my services to a lady on the message board at www.123stitch.com who wanted model stitchers. I stitched a couple of her designs, very similar to this one, and mailed them off. The payment would be my ornaments finished and the set of charts once printed. Well this is one of the designs from the set, not one of the original model stitched pieces:



  • Name of the design is "Christmas ornament 17" from a set of cards with similar patterns. The set is called "Coloured Strings - Designs by Amy"
  • Designer is Amy Davenport (Ames). I'm not sure if these have been released as yet, or where you can buy them from. If you'd like to contact Amy, try posting a message for her on the message board at www.123stitch.com
  • Fabric is an off cut of cream evenweave.
  • Thread is silk and the colour is "Isle Green". I bought my first lot of Vikki Clayton silks when she had a great sale on in late 2008. This is one of those. Take a look at her website at www.hand-dyedfibers.com
  • Stitch count is 42 x 42
  • Completed October 2008.
It's finished with a thin green cord around the edges and for the loop. I used half a finishing form for this, then backed it with felt.

No comments: